The North SLO County/Atascadero Clerk-Recorder Office is uncrowded and expeditious. The ladies there are really nice and super helpful.
It is highly recommended that you obtain your marriage license the day before the wedding wine tour. Arrive at least a half hour before they close.
If you do it the day of your wedding, allow plenty of time to be ready for pickup of your group- typically 11:00 a.m. is the start time. The clock on the limo starts at the time agreed at time of booking, unless alternate arrangements are made two days prior to tour.
- The Atascadero location is located just off Highway 101 and Route 41:
6565 Capistrano Avenue (2nd Floor Atascadero Library)
Atascadero, CA 93422
Phone: (805) 461-6041
- Office Hours: (Except holidays)
Monday – Friday
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
It goes without saying that both applicants must be present, and supporting documentation must be presented to the clerk: valid photo ID’s, and if previously married, or one of the applicants had a registered domestic partnership with someone other than the future spouse, a certified copy of the final dissolution papers is required if the dissolution was granted within last 90 days.
Cost of license is $100. The license expires after three months past issue date if the formal ceremony is not completed. A certified legal copy is $15.
There are many options for food- from sit-down fine dining, to to-go picnic style, and even custom catered menu possibilities. I carry clean tablecloths and lots of bottled water. Food is arranged and purchased separately outside of the Intimate Wine Wedding package.
In a previous career John Ziegler was a staff writer, columnist, and photographer for Pacific Coast Sportfishing Magazine, an industrial photographer and technical writer, and freelance journalist for over 14 years. John utilizes high end digital cameras, plus a GoPro stationery camera to capture the highlights of the ceremony, and the entire day as you never imagined. Pro quality photos of my wine tours have been part of my business since the beginning. The photos throughout Elite Wine Tours Paso.com and Intimate Wine Weddings.com are examples of my work, along with all text.
The Flower Lady of Paso Robles is an excellent source for bridal bouquets, bride’s maid bouquets, and men’s boutonnieres to set the stage perfectly for your ceremony. They can deliver to your place of lodging.
- (805)238-2848 or (800)350-2848
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturdays open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 1728 Spring Street, Paso Robles CA 93446
What you need to know
- Tasting fees are paid directly to the winery. Bottle purchase or club membership can offset tasting fees. Policies vary
- Monday through Thursday are the slowest days at tasting rooms, and the wineries will welcome your group of eight or less. When it’s slow the tasting room attendants actually enjoy watching or playing a small part in your special moments at their winery
- Wedding officiant John Ziegler is ordained and sanctioned by Universal Life Church to perform weddings. These ceremonies contain the required legal language, plus sign off on your marriage license to be officially married in the State of California
- Music during your ceremony: Music is allowed before, or immediately after the ceremony. However discretion is advised depending on the site and the location of the ceremony. John carries a small Blue Tooth-capable sound system that links to your cellphone, and is more than adequate to add sonic ambiance to your ceremony. Our goal is not to impinge on other’s enjoyment by playing music they may not be interested in hearing
- Maximum number of people is eight. This service is designed to be similar in many ways to getting married at the courthouse. If you want more than eight at your wedding, I’d be happy to offer excellent local resources
- Wine tour weddings have a five hour minimum. You’re welcome to stay out as long as you wish after five hours at a reduced rate
- Your ceremony date is reserved by credit card. The card is never charged until after the wedding/tour